Tuesday, 2 December 2014

Bali

Day 46

Denpasaar


After a 6 hour flight we were shattered. For  a brief moment we thought our bags were not going to appear, this was after a one hour wait.  We were soon negotiating the crazy Bali traffic, I had half considered driving here but I soon decided against it. People drive on the wrong side of the road and weave through on coming traffic, roundabouts you just barge out it is madness. Tons and tons of mopeds.   I suspect it is a small taste of what it will be like in Vietnam. 




We then had a  crazy 40 min taxi ride which took us to our hotel in the Legian area of Denpasaar, It is quite a nice place, at only £20 a night we can not complain.





A quick rest and we headed out for some food and a bit of shopping,  I think the locals got the better of us in the haggling stakes. However next time we will drive a hard bargain and make sure we can get it as cheap as possible. The next apprentice here I come!



our room, complete with pink mosquito net.

0 comments:

Post a Comment