Day 4
Lami
After a early start we headed down to breakfast for our usual hot breakfast, accompanied with a assortment of pastries (du pain chocolat being my favourite). Anyway, the weather was a little cloudy so myself and claire decided to take out the free mountain bikes. No sooner had we go on them, the skies cleared and it turned out to be the hottest day yet. After a about 40 min on the the bikes , we headed back to the Hotel, which is situated at the top of a short but very sharp hill. Even though it was about 35c and I was carrying about 2 kg in weight, i decided to be a hero and ride to the top. I am not joking when I say it took every ounce of effort to make it, I was on my knees when I reached the hotel and gasping for breathe. Even though claire pushed her bike up, she was in a worst state than me and required her inhaler at the hotel , and a few conserned guest soffered her water. We had both learnt a lesson, dont go out in the the mid day sun.
Classic thia electric wiring system, took in lami. How thailand manages to get any electricity amazes me.
After lounging about by the pool for couple of hours, we headed to lami for the Sunday evening market. Lami, is not the nicest of places there are lots of dodgy bars and old western men with young thai girls. Anyway, after looking round the market, via a couple of beers in a Austrailian bar we headed back to coach pick up point (our hotel is very remote and it lays on a free mini bus service to koh samui's main resorts).
We then headed to the cool bar, this is basically a little beach bar situated about 100m from the hotel. I decided to try and drink their speciality 'the blue drink'. It is made up of vodka,rum, gin, tequilla and other stuff. Lets just say I did not finish it, even though claires mum did. I know I am a total lightweight.
Then on the way back we ran into this little snake, I am not sure if it is poisonous or not. Claires dad very nearly stood on it, claire spotted the snake at the very last second and overted any potential danger.
0 comments:
Post a Comment