Saturday, 18 October 2014

New York

Day 4

China Town, Freedom Tower


Another glorious day in New York, I can certainly get use to this.  It was another early satrt, this was down to me not sleeping properly and claire being ill!  We weere up and about at 630 am.  Today we headed off on the tube to China Town and little Italy.  I will be honest and it was not that impressive. Infact you would be amzed how hard it was to get a cappuchino in little Italy.  One place, the service was terrible iniitially they were rude, then  they said we could not sit outide unless we were eating.  I could understand if they were busy, but the place was dead only us in it. So we just got up and left. In the end we found a one dollar pizza place, it was amazing.



China Town


Little Italy


As we were in the area we heded to the September 11th memorial site.  I was really glad we went, the Freedom Tower that has been built is very impressive.  There are also two huge water features/ waterfalls that had built built on the site of the twin towers.  The water runs into, what looks like a bottomless pitt.  Very impressive monument and well worth a visit.





Freedom Tower


Huge Waterfall


Shows how big the area is.




We also had a walk down Wall Street



Paid a visit to Bloomingdales and Scwartz Tow Store on 5th Avenue, and as Saturday night we will be hitting the town later.


0 comments:

Post a Comment