Day 16
Helicopter Ride, Naked Hot Tub and Twin Peaks.
So the main activity of the day was the helicopter ride down the Grand Canyon. This was very kindly bought by Claire as a birthday present. We were up at 0545 as the limousine was picking us up at 0600.
Genuine look on her face, she did not know I was taking that shot!
We were soon heading out to the canyon taking in some amazing views.
Hoover Damb
Heading into the Grand Canyon
After a smooth landing in the canyon we had a picnic and a chance to take some more photos.
We soon headed off and back towards Las Vegas. On the way back we got to fly over the famous Las Vegas Boulevard strip.
Although this trip was expensive, it was definitely worth it. Something we will both never forget and I would highly recommend anyone visiting Vegas to do it, worth every penny.
Anyway headed back to the hotel and I decided to hit thee gym and spa. After my workout I went into the hot tub. As I got I got in the hot tub I thought I had a few funny looks coming my way. It soon dawned on me that everyone else was naked except me. I dont care what everyone else was thinking, my shorts were staying on! A piece of advice to anyone visiting the UK, should you visit a gym/spa make sure you wear your clothes at all times, otherwise you will be thrown out! After working on the tan for a couple of hours we headed out to do some gambling.
If we are going to gamble we may as well go to the Beallgio. After losing 30 dollars quickly on blackjack, I decided to go double or nothing on red or black (Claire was unimpressed with this tactic). It had hit red ten times in a row, surely not a again.. Luckily for me and the marriage it hit black I was a winner. The guy next to me was a little more relieved as he had bet 1500 on black.
I thought I would spend thee money on some drinks. I spotted a bar called twin peaks, I thought it sounded alright, plus had a load of tvs showing sports. However that was not the main attraction, I feel the name twin peaks were named affter the waitresses and their outfits!!! I would have loved to have took a photo but, I had already pushed my luck once already.
They did have a amazing climbing wall in there, something you could do when drunk. You were harnessed in but it would never be allowed in the uk.
Off to LA tomorrow, got a longish day ahead!



0 comments:
Post a Comment