Day 59
The small streets of Hoi An are a huge contrast to Hanoi
I was looking forward to the English breakfast menu this morning, feeling health I ordered boiled egg with bread. I assumed I was getting two eggs (in egg cups) with some bread to dip in it. Well I was wrong, I got 2 eggs on a saucer with a 12 inch French stick. God only knows how they expect you to eat it. The egg was a proper hard boiled egg, combined with the dry bread, no butter or jam made it impossible to eat.
The main agenda today was to get Claire tailor measured for a suit. Hoi An is famous for its hand made suits at very cheap prices. After looking around a variety of shops Claire found what she was looking for Yalys. She was measured up and the first suit fitting will be tomorrow, then any alterations can be made before we leave in a day or two.
Also checked out the local markets and cruised around on the streets on our free bikes. All in all it was a fairly easy day.
We went out for a meal in the evening and we sat near a local family, who had four small young boys. What a pain they were, throwing coke cans, fighting, putting paper all over the floor and not once did they get told off. At one point of the children dropped their pants and did a wee right next to their parents table. I might try it next time I am out.
Also the weather absolutely sucks, rain rain rain! It feels like Christmas back in the UK.





0 comments:
Post a Comment