Day 30
Landslide, Lake Taupo
Woke up this morning and it was actually sunny!! We had a huge drive ahead of us today, a good five to 6 hours from Rotorua to Wellington. After about a 2 hours we came across the shores of Lake Taupo. The lake was huge, it looked more like the ocean.
We also fed a couple of the local geese. I thought it would be a good idea to feed them by hand, the thing nearly took my hand off. ( the one with the sore thumb!! ha) Sick note on route.
The drive was going okay, although what I will say about New Zealand drivers is they rude as fuck!! They will never ever let you in if you are indicating. At one point a truck pulled out in front of me and I needed to get out immediately. I had no choice but to slam on, no one would let you out. The would rather you hit a truck and died!!! From now no one is getting let out, screw you all.
Anyway, while going through a mountain pass a rock slide just happened seconds in font of us. Myself and a Irish guy got out of cars and cleared the road. None of the fat truckers or locals helped. What I should have done is cleared my side of the road and screwed the rest of them! There were some quite big boulders, it took both of us to move them.
Trust me I am down there risking life and limb! there could have been anothe landslide at any moment. Or more likely been ran down by a impatient New Zealand motorist. Although by the time we had finished there was quite a tailback.
Eventually we made it to Wellington after keeping the mills rage to a minimum. After quickly unpacking we headed round the city It is the nicest one we have come across so far, well there are only really two on north island.
Downtown Wellington
Wellington Harbour
Quick note to anyone thinking of moving to North Island New Zealand, you should definitely come and visit before you pack your bags, sell your house and move. Its not quite what you expect and my initial thoughts so far, I would not move permanently. One year work visa maybe.




0 comments:
Post a Comment