Friday, 28 November 2014

Christchurch

Day 43


After chilling out in the morning we headed to the Canterbury Museum, a free place to visit. It was quite good actually.  The museum had exhibits from the Hallet Antarctic expeditions:








A biodiversity section which included a sample sink hole you could crawl through!


There was an example of an old christchurch street - including old penny farthing and horse which you could try - with parental guidance!!


Joined The NYPD Mounted Division!

And chinese and egyptian artefacts alongside information about geology and earthquakes and the problems of modern day life - including energy and waste.  Even better they had free wifi in 3 sections of the museum!



Ivan Maugers Speedway Bike


Somehow we also found ourselves in Paua house, and watching some rubbish film about 2 crazy people from New Zealand that decorated their whole house in paua shells.  We could not get out of there quick enough.




After the museum we had a very brief look around the botanical gardens. It was raining really heavily.





In the evening we went out for a curry.  I think 43 days is the longest I have gone without a curry since I was 18.  Although this place did not have chicken pakoras, which is a crime as far as I am concerned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment