Mountain Rescue
After a very very comfortable night in frodos house, we were looking forward to a nice walk to Ben Lui NNR.
After walking down a very long path, we were walking for about 3 hours, we stopped for some lunch. We then decided we would attempt to walk up the mountain next to us. I have no idea what is was called. It was pretty steep, although it did level out in parts. After 45 mins of walking, claire was shattered (Claire - refused to go any further as it was stupid steep) and said she was not going on. However, as we were not too far from the top I decided to go on. I gave it everthing I had for 20 minutes, going as fast as humanly possible. After, going over many ridges I was still not at the top. I decided to call it quits about 60m from the top. I was shattered , plus I did not like leaving claire on her own.
After meeting back up with claire, my legs had turned to jelly. This was down to the sheer exhaustion i had just made and not claires good looks :). As we were heading down the long path we heard a vehicle coming up behind us. It was a 4x4 and I was really hoping they would give us a lift, and too my amazement they did! it was the local mountain rescue guys. If they had been about 5 minutes earlier they would have had the shock of seeing cliare going for a wee in a bush.
The gave us a lift to about 500m from the campsite, this lift saved us about 3 hours. Thanks guys! After getting back to the site we went on another little walk. After a nice shower, we headed to the apache food hut to make the evening meal.
0 comments:
Post a Comment