Chatuchak Market
Today we went to Chatuchak Market, this is the biggest outdoor market in the world and there are plenty of bargins on offer. It took claire all of about 5 minutes to start buying stuff, shoes and countless bags. To say this place is busy is a understatement, and combined wth 35 plus temerparures it is imperative you stay hydated. I managed to pick up a few bargains myslf, especially a shirt at 70p and two more at a £1.40 each.
The market is amazing, however it does have one part of the market that is very bad. This is the pet zone. It sells everything from snakes, parrots, puppies, cats, squirrels, chipmonks, fish etc etc and plastered all over this section are signs saying no photos. The reason for this is the conditions for the vast majority of them were appaling, i.e ten ducks in a cage, about 500 fish in one tank, 50 hens in one cage. When walking through this section (claire and her mum and dad refused to go through it) I noticed a lot of commotion in one corner, and there was a small concrete pen where two cocks (hens) were fighting, with a load of people watching.
People on route to the market as we were leaving
After spending about six hours there we had enough, the place was geting far too busy! We headed back to the hotel were I chilled out by the pool for a hour or so.
A collection of the stuff I have bought so far. May I add the reebok trainers are genuine, bought from a official shop, only cost £18
0 comments:
Post a Comment