Saturday, 28 April 2012

Thailand

Today started the same as yesterday, basically I did nothing but chill round the pool until mid/late afternoon.



In the evening however, we headed back out to cheap charlies and snappers.  This is about 2 miles from the hotel and in normal circumstances you would probably walk it.  However, in Bangkok during the evening it is still about 30c, and crossing a road is a life risking task. Even though the little green man says it is okay to cross, motorists still plough through it. So I thought It would be best if we got a taxi, however it was peak time with the traffic and none of the taxis would do the ride on the meter (a taxi trip on the metre would cost about 1.40, 40p each, they would only do it for 3.00!) Everyone bar me thought this was a rip off, a massive 1.60 extra! so we walked it,and to say I was pissed off was a understatement.  I was hot, sweaty not to mention crossing several roads that were dangerous all for the sake of 40p extra each.  Although claire was equally as mad as me and we made our feelings known when we reached the restaurant.



After another lovely meal at snappers we headed to cheap charlies for a couple of beers. Then we wandered round the area where we found this ace bar.

My I just add, we got a taxi back! I had made it quite clear there was noway on earth I was walking back. It cost a grand total of £2.00!

0 comments:

Post a Comment