Monday, 12 December 2011

Munich Day 4

Winter Arrives In Bravaria


Today we awoke to find it snowing, this gave a Munich a nice christmas feel.  The plan today was to do a bit more shopping and have nice traditional German food, rather than pizza hut or mcdonalds.



We headed to the underground and bought a zone one ticket, which is all we needed for today.  The munich subway is very strange, you do not need a ticket to get on the train (no barriers), there are no ticket inspectors and no barriers when you get off at your stop!!! How it makes any money I am not sure.  Lets just say, we got the maximum out of our zone 1, oneway ticket!!!





After about 2 hours of shopping, I realised I had made a footware and clothing error.  My trainers were leaking due to the slushy conditions and my t-shirt and jacket combination were not exactly keeping me warm!  After abusing the underground ticket, we eventually got back to the hotel and after quick change of clothing we headed back out.




Claire spent a bit more cash in the shops, and then we headed to a traditional german pub for some traditional food.  After eating pork snitchel (claire) and some sort of traditional beef dish, we headed back out into in the cold and slowly made our way back to the hotel (the conrad de ville, I highly recommend it!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment