Another Scorcher
Next on the agenda was some obligatory photo snaps of the local attractions
The presidential palace
The Rock Church
Senaatintori Tuomiokirkko ( senate square), home of the lutheran Cathedral of St Nicholas
After walking through a beautiful park ( kaivopusito park) and a variety of shops we stopped in a small cafe that had free wi-fi. This gave me the opportunity to update my blog finally. I have been unable to put anything on it so far due to the extortionate cost of satellite wi-fi on the ship (£100 for 60 minutes). Anyway, after sampling a couple of the local beers we headed back into town. You have to be careful wandering around Helsinki due to all the trams; you literally cannot hear them. After a couple of near misses we headed back to the ship for some relaxation and a bit of tanning.
One of the rules of the boat is no throwing anything overboard, this obviously includes throwing food. However, after raiding the buffet cart I noticed there was one digestive biscuit left on my plate that I could not stomach. So I thought it would be a good idea to throw it overboard to the seagulls. After launching it with some effort, it looked like a Frisbee heading to open water. However, much to my horror a gust of wind brought it back towards the boat right towards the balcony decks several floors below. Luckily it landed on a unoccupied deck and I thought I had got away with it. Unfortunately every seagull in the dock had spotted the digestive and they descended on some poor sods balcony! People in surrounding headed for cover because they did not want to get crapped on. I made a sharp exit, having learnt my lesson, make sure you throw it harder next time!
After In the evening the whole family headed out for a couple of beers and into the casino. I did the usual and lost all my chips, I am down to my last £10 now.
0 comments:
Post a Comment